With an exciting journey ahead, Searoad Ferries is growing, and we are looking to strengthen our Executive Leadership team. If you are an inspiring, experienced people leader who can demonstrate you are ready to take the next step into the C-suite, then check out this one-of-a-kind opportunity.
Searoad Ferries is on the hunt for an exceptional people leader…not one of those mythical creatures that doesn’t really exist (aka unicorn). But rather, an ordinary person with extraordinary leadership skills – someone who inspires their diverse team and motivates them to get stuff done while relentlessly pursuing our vision to be the best ferry company in the world!
A strategic thinker and implementer, in this newly created executive role, you will report directly to the CEO, and work closely with the Executive Leadership, and Management Teams to oversee our organisational expansion, ongoing strategic operations, and internal procedures.
Leading the integration of marine and shore-based infrastructure functions for our integrated family of brands – Searoad Ferries, Western Port Ferries, Explore Australia, and Naturaliste Tours, the COO plays a pivotal role in overall Company success and is responsible for executing excellent standards of operational effectiveness.
To be successful in this role you will have the following work experience, skills, and personal qualities:
- Proven leadership skills and ability to influence positive outcomes
- Specific experience across customer service focussed operations and projects
- Demonstrated capability to deliver high performance outcomes while improving employee engagement and customer service outcomes
- Ability to translate strategic objectives into organisational outcomes
- Strong communicator with highly developed stakeholder management skills, and outstanding written and verbal communication
- Well organised, self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and a can-do attitude
- Understanding of business functions such as human resources management, recruitment, and budget management
- Experience in developing procedures Minimum bachelor qualification in a relevant field (e.g.; management, business, maritime, tourism)